[Heart Mender] Takemaru
|Relation||From Others||To Others|
|Like||Motosumi→|| → Oniwaka|
[Eastern Pillar] Takemaru
|Summon||My name’s Takemaru. I’ve been called the Oni’s pillar, but, that’s an old thing now. What I do now is, yeah, a weekend carpenter of sorts.|
|Beginning of Battle||Alright, let’s lift this up! Gimme a hand!|
|Move||I’m drawin' the lines!|
|Attacking||Hand sculptin' it!|
|Skill Activation||This is a master’s craftsmanship!|
|Hit (minor)||It hurts…|
|Hit (major)||Gettin’ nervous!|
|Charge||Time to show ya a real master’s craftsmanship! Returning Home Without a Head! Takkoku no Iwaya!|
|Victory||HaHa! Not much of a problem! Come on, I won’t keep bullying you, so help me build up a pillar here too.|
|KO'd||Dammit… There’s been some dirty feet trampling on my home. Even though, it wasn’t complete yet.|
|Love||I… I like ya. I don’t mean it to happen right away but, I want to live together with ya in the same house.|
|Title Screen||Tokyo Afterschool Summoners. Well, gimme a hand today too, to make our ideal home come true.|
|Close Shop||Setsubun is almost over, isn’t it? Bring what you got with you. Also, next setsubun, gimme a call, won’t ya?|
|Greeting||Oh! Did ya come back? Welcome back, Summoner. Ya look like ya always busy. But, won’t ya gimme a hand today?|
|Encouraging||Ya see this pillar? The big and fat one? It’s a pillar that supports the house, called Central Pillar. When ya have a hard time, I’ll be your Central Pillar.|
|Touched||Hmm? Ya interested in the Oni’s bodies? I don’t think it’s that different from humans... Ya look like ya still interested… I guess there’s no choice, should I get undressed?|
|Conversation (1)||This Takkoku No Iwaya… It’s really my hometown and training place. Someday, when I’m convinced it’s a house I can be satisfied with, come and take a look... Get ready for that.|
|Conversation (2)||When it comes to setsubun, the Oni get restless. Outside they may look strong, but their heart is the same as people, so don’t go around hurting ‘em|
|About Self||I lost my three swords and lost most of my power, but I have no regrets. Oh, but, well, I wanted at least, to have had a lover…|
|About Someone (1)||That woman looks a lot like a woman I fell for, a long time ago... What’s in the past goes with the water, is my way of thinking. But, well, it was my first love and I'm kinda sentimental|
|About Someone (2)||I was surprised when I heard that a human man was raising Oni children. But, they seem pretty used to it, aren’t they? Aaah, I wanna raise my own child someday too…|
|About Someone (3)|
|About Someone (4)|
|About Event (1)||Sometimes ya don’t understand my words? I—I see… Well, if I say something ya don’t understand, just let me know, won’t ya?|
|About Event (2)||Rewards are exchanged for the items ya bring. Let me tell ya, just in case, we’re not looting. That's why, go ahead and make the exchanges with no regrets.|
|About Event (3)|
|About Event (4)|
- His CS references Takkoku-no-Iwaya, a Buddhist Shrine in the Tohoku region of Japan.
- Takemaru belongs to the Crafter's guild, in Ota ward.
- Due to similar naming conventions, it seems takemaru is based on the legend of Ootakemaru (大嶽丸).
- Per the legend, Ootakemaru was a "Kijin Maou" (鬼神魔王) a God-like demon lord, from how much power he had, and it's (albeit from earlier times than others), considered one of the three great demons (Oni) in the history of Japan.
- It is said Ootakemaru commanded black magic and had kept the Shogun Sakanoue no Tamuramaro, tasked with exterminating him, from finding his whereabouts by conjuring a great storm, to cover the Suzuka Mountains. After years, Tamuramaro received help from the gods, stating he needed to find the beautiful goddess Suzuka Gozen, who tricked Ootakemaru into giving her his three holy swords (Kenmyouren, Daitouren, and shoutouren) to protect herself from the warrior Tamuramaro, who was coming to kill "her". After a horrible battle which shook the earth and heavens, Tamuramaro won, with the protection of the gods.
- In the legend, Ootakemaru split his body into thousands of other oni, with his black magic, to kill Tamuramaro, and he was stopped by a Holy Arrow, which split into ten thousand arrows, and killed all of them, impaling them in their faces.
- The legend continues, stating that Ootakemaru returned years later, once again as a Kijin, but this part of the legend is very similar to the one for Shuten, as his head was once more cut off, and when it fell, landed on Tamuramaro's head, where it tried to bite down, but he was saved by having worn two helmets.
- Suzuka, from having the three holy swords sacred artifact, and Aether element, as well as causing a particular reaction on Takemaru during the Setsubun event is, probably, based off of this legend as well.