|For New Players: I implore you to read the first section of Event Quests and the full events of Past-Events to get a good feel on how full events work. There's at least a year's worth of past knowledge to form expectations around.|
Current and Upcoming Events and Updates
- Another event shop where you can exchanged Energy Bars and Mountain Jelly for Limit Break materials and Boosts for both WOOD and SHADOW as well as Coins and Lil' Salomon Tickets. It's noted that Energy Bars are for Limit Break materials and Mountain Jelly are for Skill enhancements.
- Formations can play a huge role in battles; before starting a quest, you can select a specific party formation. By arranging your units in the selected formation, additional effects can apply.
- New buff: Limit, that increases damage as HP approaches zero.
- A reprint of Hot Springs bonus quests
- A gacha introducing ☆5 Zao , a new SHADOW unit: Durga , and two new limited ☆4 variants: Ikutoshi and Shuten .
- A very vague mention of a "Time-Limited Special Quest".
- Ikutoshi , Shuten , Ibaraki , Ashigara , Chernobog , Kagutsuchi , Kyuma and Gunzou will all be getting skins for their ☆3 versions. These units will also receive a rate-up in the gacha, as they have event-relevant skills.
|Duration||April 18th, 2018, permanently|
Following nicely with LW's plans for 2018, this series of quests will focus around the strengthening of individual skills, improving activation rates and/or effects. However, like everything else, there's specific conditions that have to be met, and apply:
- before starting the quest, set your leader to the unit who has the skill in question. As an example, Protagonist would have to be the very first unit (leader) in your party.
- afterwards, these quests can't be redone with the same individual unit.
- however, different variants and rarities can be redone, because:
- finally, these improvements only apply to the individual unit; the quest would have to be redone if you, for example (if Beastman ever did get a fix), want your Moritaka ☆5 to also have the improvement you just did with Moritaka ☆4.
LW will be targetting a specific set of eight skills initially.
LifeWonders revealed their plans for the new year, but details, such as dates and specifics of some of the new features, are still unknown.
- A new daily objectives/missions, rewarding items, such as Stamina Drinks, Transient Stone, and Limit Break materials, for tasks like clearing specific quests, leveling units to a certain point, and such (similar to Animal Crossing Pocket Camp's timed and stretch goals).
- Changes to stamina, going to 1 stamina per 8 minutes (instead of 10), as well as stamina overfilling above the cap when ranked up (similar to how stamina overflows when consuming Stamina Drinks.
- Skill Strengthening Quests to make specific skills better, be it through activation chances or effects. LW is planning on implementing this for eight to ten skills, including Castaway and Protector.
- Harder quests containing bosses from Main Quest chapters 2 through 4 that will give special rewards.
- Additionally, new quests involving gimmicks, such as relations between units, are expected.
- Expanding the implementations of companion skins
- Separate from team formations, a feature will be added to set units for each attribute for support.
- Expansion of My Guild features such as playing BGMs and allowing units to be scaled up or down.
- Other QoL changes to make the battle screen easier to read, making discerning attribute units not just by color.
- Translation of Main Quests up to Chapter 5 in English and Chinese (both simplified and traditional).
- 「Summopedia vol.1」 will contain illustrations of characters and settings/stories that have and have yet to appear in-game. Whether this is a physical release (such as a manga) or a digital release isn't clear.
As usual, details will be added when announced.
What is Tokyo Afterschool Summoners?
「Tokyo Afterschool Summoners」 is a mobile "Card Battle RPG" developed by LifeWonders for both iOS and Android. Gain cards by Summoning, strengthen your favorite character cards, defeat enemies and advance through the story.
The player can choose from up to 5 appearances and/or voices for their main character, and either Male, Female, or Other.
The game launched in December 2016. Currently the game is only in Japanese with no English patch available. However, there's an internal English translation; it's automatically detected based on system language and/or timezone.
How to Play
In order to play Tokyo Afterschool Summoners on a non-Japanese phone, one must first download and install QooApp (https://apps.qoo-app.com/en) and then search for Lifewonders, or through the Play Store either through:
- Creating a separate account whose location is set to Japan
- Logging into an account with access to the Japanese Play Store, having it cache, and using your main account.
- (Inconsistent) clearing Play Store cache, connecting through a VPN routed through Japan, and logging into Play Store.
- The game is available to download for free in the app store.
- Service for iOS began on December 2nd, 2016
- Service for Android began on December 16th, 2016
Bear in mind that this wiki is actively a work in progress; the server may be a bit sluggish.
For requesting help, be it about the game itself or the wiki, please consult Help on best places to ask for it.
|Basic Information||▪ Getting Started ▪ Menu Translations ▪ Card Face Translations ▪ Tips and Tricks ▪ Known Bugs|
|General Game Guides||▪ Battle System ▪ Limit Breaking ▪ Gachas ▪ Familiar Levels ▪ Player Rank ▪ Player Guild ▪ Login Incentives|
|Catalogs||▪ Familiars / Transients ▪ Mobs ▪ Unreleased ▪ Skill Mechanics and Buffs/Debuffs ▪ Friend IDs|
|Quests||▪ Main Quests ▪ Free Quests ▪ Daily Quests ▪ Event Quests ▪ Character Quests ▪ Love Quests ▪ Skill Quests|